Friday, July 21, 2006

Mom's Dachshund Sweater is finished!

I finally finished the Dachshund Sweater this week. I ordered the last ball of yarn in my order to Knitpicks for my birthday sweater yarn. I just needed about 4 more rows of stockinette to complete the last sleeve ... and now, at last, it's done. I whipstitched the shoulders and sleeves together but I tried the more elegant mattress stitch on the sides. It's amazing how the stitching disappears! This weekend we're planning to go to Jenny Wiley State Park with Mom and Dad and I'll give it to her then. It's a very late birthday present since her birthday was in March!









I took all my birthday sweater yarn to the Guild Bylaws meeting yesterday and got some input about the colors. The general concensus was that the mustardy color could/should be replaced with the carrot orange. The surprise decision, though, was that everyone firmly felt that the light blue was too light (the first color on the far left of the swatch) and didn't fit in at all. So, I'm going to review all the colors again -- and how they are placed with other colors -- and probably end up ordering 2 skeins of a different blue and a second skein of carrot orange. This sweater better be good!!

No comments: