Monday, November 20, 2006

The prodigal camera returneth!

LOOK! I'm visual again!
Kill the fatted calf, my camera turned up in one of the side pockets of my computer bag. I was so glad to see it!

I still can't show you a picture of the shawl I'm working on because it's a secret, but I COULD take a picture of it if I wanted to.

The kids were great in the Spinning and Dying class today -- and that's saying a LOT for middle school kids. They enjoyed petting Andy (although he didn't share their enthusiasm) and listened attentively to the history of spinning and passed around all my fiber samples. Later, one of my helpers said she was impressed with my lecture and how I held their attention. That's the kind of positive feedback I could use every day!

Ally finds out tomorrow whether she got one of the big parts in the high school production of South Pacific. Keep your fingers crossed for her. She's only a sophomore and it's unlikely that she'll get a big part, but she'd really like to play "Bloody Mary," the native trading woman who has a comic role but really good songs. Ally's been singing "Bali Hai" around the house ever since she learned that this year's play is "South Pacific." I hope she's not crushed if she doesn't get the part. I'm nervous for her.

DH gets home tonight! Hurray!