Wednesday, September 6, 2006

Go with the brown flow ... wait, that doesn't sound good.

I decided to "lean into" the brown with the turquoise and brown alpaca blend that I won. I spun up about 50 grams of the Ashford alpaca blend and then I rummaged around in my stash and came up with 50 grams of camel down. After spinning up the camel (which was a unique experience ... it's a short fiber but not really that hard to spin), I plied it with the alpaca blend. So, we end up with a 2-ply yarn that is 50% camel down, 35% turquoise corriedale and 15% dark brown alpaca. It looks kind of cool. Although I haven't measured it yet, it should be a sock weight yarn and I'm hoping to make socks.

Speaking of socks: Kate took her new white school socks to Washington, D.C. on her class trip and only one of them came back. The remaining sock is looking forlorn on top of the dryer, hoping against hope that its mate will turn up (and NOT after it's been washed and felted inadvertantly).

No comments: