Wednesday, May 3, 2006

Darn it!

Darn! I thought knitting with Stephanie had elevated me to the ether of good knitting karma. It looked like I was going to finish that dachshund sleeve without having to order another skein of blue yarn. Yet, the knitting goddess has not so favored me ...

I think I'll just wait until after the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival to regroup and place my order for one more measley skein of blue wool. I would just go ahead and place a big order to make it worthwhile but I did that every other time I ran out of yarn and now I have about six projects waiting for me to start. I think it's safer just to order the one skein. Besides, it's not like I'm realistically coming home from Maryland without more wool. I warned Lorain that we may have to make room in her Camry for a whole sheep!

I have been finishing up the beautiful wool/silk blend I've been spinning. I plied it yesterday and set the twist. It looks like something between sport weight and lace weight. I have NO IDEA what I'm going to make with it. Ideas anyone? I've got about 1000 yards.

No comments: