Friday, May 19, 2006

Four Finished Felted "(F)ittens"?

I got the ribbed wrist bands done and sewed them into the felted mittens. I'm not actually sure they're necessary because the mittens seem warm enough and tight enough to the wrist without them -- but I wanted to follow the pattern, at least the first time out. I had a little trouble because I ran out of yarn for the ribbing, but I just put the last bits of colored yarn at the edges where they would be seen and substituted white yarn to complete the rest of the ribbing. Well, that's probably WAY more than anyone wanted to know about this project.

I like the way these mittens look and feel. They would make a great Christmas present with a felted hat. Look out, everyone! Let me know if you DON'T want felted mittens for Christmas.

I'm thinking of making a rare wools vest. I've got 8 oz. of California Variegated Mutant (CVM) spun into a bulky weight yarn (seen at right) and I'm spinning 4 oz. of Jacob Sheep wool into a bulky weight (seen below). I think I'll have enough for a vest front at least and I think the wools will look good together. The natural colors are a little drab ... mostly grey and greyish brown ... but these are the natural colors and the whole point of CVM is that is it colored. So, I suppose I'll leave them natural. Now I need to find a good vest pattern for bulky yarn!

No comments: