Friday, April 28, 2006

The Sweater is Mocking Me

I'm almost done with Mom's dachshund sweater -- only half of one sleeve remains -- but I never seem to make any progress on it. I think I'm just sick of knitting stockinette. Instead, this morning I've been spinning some of that luscious merino and silk roving that Jeff -- wonderful and understanding man that he is -- got me for Christmas.

It's like spinning a cloud. And you can see from the picture how lovely and lustrous the silk makes it.

I've already spun up one skein of about 400 yards, but at sport weight it will probably take quite a lot to make a sweater -- especially for a generously sized person like me.

Strangely, Pat and Bonita at the Guild are both spinning this very same roving. We discovered it when we were all spinning together the other day. We're interested in seeing how each of us uses the same material in different ways. I can already see that Bonita is spinning hers much thicker than I am.

1 comment:

WoolyWorm said...

I'm leaving a comment for myself, just to see if it works.