Tuesday, May 1, 2007

What I've been doing instead of knitting

The basement/fiber studio is coming along. I've gotten two walls almost completely painted and I need to put together four Sauder (cheap!) bookcases today to line one wall.

Kate helped me pick out the paint, which is NOT white. We decided we (actually I) wanted to make the basement seem warmer and cosier, so we chose green. I wanted a lighter color called "desert cactus" but Kate insisted that "Pesto" would be prettier and I have to admit that I like it. It looks good with the (fake) parquet flooring.

I have a bunch of great ideas for what I want to do with the space, but getting it done is another thing. We'll see.

I've been spinning some of my gray Rambouillet this morning. I'm hoping that it will eventually turn into a sweater.

I'm also working on a pink ribbons scarf out of mohair for a friend of mine with breast cancer. The scarf makes a repeat of ten ribbons but, unfortunately, I did the first one wrong (see second picture for pitiful messed up ribbon design) so I think I'm going to have to rip it back and start again. Oh, boy, here we are again ripping out mohair. Maybe it isn't the crochet that's cursed at all -- maybe it's the mohair!

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hi Penny :) Sorry for not getting back to you sooner... it's been a hectic few weeks up til now!

Thank you for the best wishes regarding my job hunt. I didn't get the job I went for the interview for (I would have been working in a hospital lab, sorting patient samples etc., but I didn't ave enough data entry experience, sadly), but I've just registared with a temping agency so hopefully will get some short-term office work from next week. Just to keep me out of trouble, and hopeful gain a bit of yarn-money :)

You're fibre studio is looking great, I love that colour! Good luck finishing it. I'm also very jealous that you got to meet the Yarn Harlot... looked like a great day.

Hope you are well :) (I did indeed raise a cup of tea to you in Queen Lane Coffeehouse before I left Oxford!) x